Tracey With An E

Friday, March 24, 2006

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!

I am Rapunzel...

I am locked here in this tower. The more I yearn for Prince Charming to ride by on his horse and notice me, the taller the tower rises and the thicker the bricks grow.

There must be an evil spell upon me. The more I desire something, the more unattainable it becomes.

When I look out my window, I am taunted by lovers walking in the woods holding hands. Young ladies walk by with pink-cheeked cherub babies that coo. Even the pigeons on the nearby rafters are mating.

I turn back inside and look into the small mirror above my dresser. I am Rapunzel...Rapunzel with a huge afro.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, and today's Prince Charming would send his personal assistant out to meet me at the tower, and this guy would toss me a cell phone.

    By Blogger Tracey, at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home