Tracey With An E

Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Drama of it all!



I seem to constantly attract drama. Or do I look for it and make it come to me?

It's just that there seems to always be a huge hurdle that I must jump over. This time, it's a boyfriend in the hospital who broke 2 arms and 1 leg in a motorcycle accident, at the same time that I am moving into the first home I've ever bought, at the same time that report cards are due and I have to clean out my classroom, end of June stuff.

Last time, it was a family crisis at the same time as a crisis at work. That was last fall. And in between then and now, a little bit of heartbreak.

I go to work and I do my best to be professional. I'm so thankful that the students in my class are funny and sweet and good-natured...because then I get to leave the drama outside the portable classroom door.

Tonight I've been trying to pack up the kitchen, with the Police boxed set keeping me very good company. And suddenly there it was, the song that brought me back to my very first crush, my first love, in 1983, when I was 13. I still am the same person, with the same naive trust in all people, still a great believer in true love.

So I guess I'll embrace the drama, it will never go away, and at the very least it entertains my friends who, if they don't talk to me for a month, get a string of the latest stories. This is the way I am, and I suppose I like it this way. The only thing is, being me can become quickly exhausting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home