Tracey With An E

Friday, October 07, 2005

Which coffee are you?

I have been addicted to coffee since my university all-night paper-writing days. This past August, somehow I managed, with the encouragement of an acupuncturist, to wean myself off coffee. I now drink a variety of teas, decaf coffee, and the occasional emergency real-deal coffee. I am safe for now, but not completely out of the woods, as seen by my still-existent obsession:

Many times over the years I have admired Starbucks' descriptions of their coffees. I think that we (the coffee obsessors) could apply them as characteristics for people, as well. Are you elegant and intriguing? Well then, you are "Guatemala Antigua." How about light-to-medium bodied with a refreshing finish? Then you would be "Shade-grown Mexico - Decaf."

(Oh boy would I love to find a poster-model who has a "refreshing finish." It could definitely be a Noxema-girl-type...)

Go ahead...pick one below, and tell me what you are.

Full-bodied with satisfying walnut flavors
(Columbia Narino Supremo)

Elegant and intriguing
(Guatemala Antigua)

Light and lively
(House Blend)

A well-rounded, lively favourite
(House Blend decaf)

Smooth and delicate with a clean finish
(Lightnote Blend)

Smooth and round, with a crisp finish
(Lightnote Blend decaf)

Light-to-medium bodied with a refreshing finish
(Shade Grown Mexico decaf)

Flavorful and light with sparkling acidity
(Breakfast Blend)

Wild and exotic with an aroma of spice
(Arabian Mocha Sanani)

Smooth and elegant, with a floral aroma
(Ethiopia Sidamo)

Deep, full-bodied with a complex flavor that is bold and unanticipated
(Decaf Komodo Dragon Blend) - oh my!

Earthy and smooth bodied
(Komodo Dragon Blend)

Smooth, buttery, earthy and elegant
(Sulawesi)

Intense, earthy, and aromatic
(Sumatra)

Bold and earthy
(Sumatra decaf)

Dense and caramelly-sweet
(Espresso Roast)

Smooth, sweet and intense
(Espresso Roast decaf)

Smoky and intense
(French Roast)

Sturdy and roasty-sweet
(Italian Roast)

Full and creamy, with a sweet finish
(Caffe Verona)

Bold...rich and sophisticated
(Gold Coast Blend)

Mellow and well-rounded
(Yukon Blend)

-------------------------------------------------

Myself: Being a Gemini, I believe I am half House Blend decaf and half Sumatra!

1 Comments:

  • I think I'm half lightnote blend and half espresso roast decaf. What does it mean?

    Pam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home